So you’ve probably heard of Jell-O shots. But what about pudding shots?
These tasty frozen treats are great for pleasing any sweet tooth. However, don’t be alarmed, they don’t taste like pudding. The consistency of pudding shots can be likened to ice cream, but who wouldn’t love to eat some alcoholic ice cream!
Pudding shots are prefect as the life of any party. With so many flavor options, you can make almost any type of pudding shot that your heart (or taste buds) desires. Pudding shots are also great when you’re looking to create a festive drink that everyone will enjoy.
Learn from the article below from HubPages just how to make pudding shots and what varieties are available to you. While most pudding shots are made with vodka and cream liquor, you can also replace vodka with your favorite rum or other liquor. Once you have gotten down the basics, you can go ahead and invent your own concoctions!
Pudding Shots – This is NOT Your Grandma’s Pudding
I am a big fan of pudding.
I love the variety of recipes I can make with it;
I love how it is pretty low in calories;
I love how it helps me calm my sweet tooth;
Yet – with this quick and easy Pudding Shot recipe, you can now take your pudding to the adult level!
So, I bet by now you want to know, “How do I make pudding shots?”
Make Friends – Serve Pudding Shots
Prep time: 20 min
Ready in: 20 min
Yields: Makes about 25 cups (1 oz. cups)
What’s in a Pudding Shot?
- 1 small box Pudding
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup cream liqour
- 8 oz. cool whip
- .A medium to large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- A whisk
- Multi-purpose mini cups with lids (can be found at Wal-Mart) or disposable shot glasses
You will also need…
Step number 1 through 3
Whisk together pudding and milk until it is at a soft set stage. Then add both the vodka and the cream liquor.
Whip in the cool whip. Make sure to get all parts of the pudding otherwise some parts will be stronger than others, but don’t over mix.
Step 6 through step 7
Put the pudding shots in little containers. Depending on how much you put in the container (and how much you sample) will determine how many shots you get. out of one batch.
- Get out your medium sized mixing bowl. Pour in the pudding mix […] I used Chocolate pudding.
- Add 3/4 cup of milk and whisk together until it is at a soft stage (where the pudding is starting to set). This will take 1 to 2 minutes of whisking.
- Once the pudding and the milk have been mixed together, add the alcohol and the cream liquor. For my pudding shots, I used UV Cake Vodka and O’Dowd’s Irish Cream. When mixed together, I call this my Chocolate Cake Pudding Shots. Whisk all ingredients together.
- Once the alcohol has been mixed in, fold in the cool whip. This is easiest done with a rubber spatula, but that isn’t necessary. Just be sure to mix well so all parts are equal. If you don’t mix well there will be some shots that are really strong and others that taste like nothing more than cool whip. However, don’t overmix otherwise the cool whip starts to break down.
- Optional – Put the bowl in the fridge. This will make the substance easier to work with otherwise it gets watery if it is hot in the house or been mixed too much.
- Add spoonfuls to the multi-purpose mini cups with lids. I found these at Wal-mart and prefer to use them because they have the covers. This means I don’t have to worry about them spilling. However, I have seen others use small Dixie Cups or disposable shot glasses. The ones with the lids transfer better.
- Once put in the containers, I usually freeze the batch. This keeps them nice and cold. They can be taken out of the freezer and enjoyed immediately or you can keep them out on the counter for a little bit for guests to enjoy.
- Lick out of container and enjoy!
Go Ahead and enjoy a Shot!
Pudding Shot Recipes
With these Pudding Shots, the flavor combinations are endless. You just need to use your imagination and hope you have a well stocked liquor cabinet. Then, it just depends on what kind of pudding you have on hand. They key is: 1 clear liquor and 1 cream liquor!
So, pick out a flavor of pudding and pick out the alcohol… here are a few of the ones that I have tried.
Chocolate Cake Pudding Shots:
- Chocolate Pudding
- UV Cake Vodka
- Irish Cream liquor
Cherry Cheesecake Pudding Shots:
- Cheesecake pudding
- Irish Cream Liquor
Butterscotch Pudding Shots:
- Butterscotch Pudding
- Captain Morgan Rum
- Irish Cream Liquor
Now what combination would you like to try?
Aside from being absolutely delicious, the great thing about pudding shots is that the possibilities are endless. Almost any flavor combination will taste great, and with all of the available vodka flavors, you can truly create any mock dessert that you want.
Consider your favorite bakery delight and attempt to replicate it with your pudding and alcohol selections. Vanilla pudding and Amaretto may taste like tiramisu, or you could make s’mores pudding shots out of chocolate pudding and marshmallow vodka with a graham cracker rim.
Feeling overwhelmed by all of the possibilities? The experts at Julio’s Liquors can help. Stop by to scan our vast selection of liquors and our sales team can help you make the perfect pairings.