Make Your Own Habanero Hot Sauce
If you’re a lover of spicy food you’ve probably tried Habanero Hot Sauce. Habanero is an incredibly spicy sauce, as seen here on the Scoville Chile Heat Chart.
Habanero Hot Sauce is made out habanero peppers (shocking). Habaneros originate from the Amazonas region, and the first domesticated habanero was found during a Peruvian archaeological dig. After their discovery, habaneros quickly began spreading throughout Mexico.
Currently the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico is the largest producer of habanero peppers, and much of the Yucatecan cuisine revolves around the fruit. Habaneros are present in most of their dishes, both as whole peppers or as a salsa.
Outside of Texas, Idaho, and California, habanero peppers are mostly grown in South America. This is because the peppers need a hot climate to properly grow. They thrive when they receive enough morning sun and grow in a slightly acidic soil.
Sound tasty? Well, with this Habanero Hot Sauce recipe from food.com, you can make your own batch of spicy, peppery goodness in no time!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 10 habanero peppers, seeded and fine chopped (more or less based on the heat level you desire.)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, can also use orange juice
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
In addition, you could also include papayas, prickly pear fruit, or mango to add
- Sauté garlic in coated sauce pan.
- Once the garlic starts to smell, add the carrots, water, and onion. Boil it, reduce the heat and simmer until the carrots are soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Add habaneros, optional fruits, lime juice and salt to the mixture. Put in a blender and puree until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Pour into sterilized bottles or jars and seal. Keep refrigerated.
And that’s all, simple as that! Your Habanero Hot Sauce is ready to be put to use on chicken wings, tacos, eggs, or any other food of your choice. Here at Julio’s Liquors we are passionate about hot sauces, and have our own Burn Center. We offer different kinds of seasonings from BBQ sauces, hot sauces, wing sauces, seasonings, rubs, and jerks in a wide variety of flavors and spiciness. Contact us for more information about our unique sauces and come on by to view our famous selection of liquors and wine.